- Dowel Pins: Should we be using them for pinning general purpose machines?
- Understanding Thermal Growth in Your Rotating Machinery - Part 3
- Understanding Thermal Growth in Your Rotating Machinery - Part 2
- Understanding Thermal Growth in Your Rotating Machinery - Part 1
- Getting the Right Angle in Shaft Alignment
Articles posted under Machine Bases & Foundations
Dowel Pins: Should we be using them for pinning general purpose machines?
Mon, October 03, 2016 by John Lambert
A look into the use of dowel pins in the general purpose rotating machinery industry.
Alignment Problems: Dancing with a Soft Foot
Wed, July 15, 2015 by John Lambert
Focusing on alignment and problems with soft foot.
Student Millwrights: Why not hire one for the summer?
Mon, May 11, 2015 by John Lambert
Working with Millwrights and Durham College
Machine Bases - Flatness Case Study
Tue, October 25, 2011 by John Lambert
This case study outlines the findings of the flatness of a machine base using an Easy-Laser alignment and measurement system.
Machine Base Measurement
Fri, September 16, 2011 by John Lambert
One of the biggest issues in the machinery installation process is that many machines are installed but they are left under strain due to the fact that they are bolted to distorted bases or frames. The problem is that the machines feet and the base are not in the same plane. In other words, the feet sit unevenly on the base. When the feet are tightened down the result is that the machines casing is distorted...